Friday, April 29, 2016

"Stopped Me in my Tracks" Update

What an incredibly gorgeous day!

The sun is shining, the sky is blue and I'm sewing up a storm!  Probably the wrong choice of word but it's the first think that came to mind.

My "Stopped Me in my Tracks" quilt is progressing beautifully.  It definitely is going to be a winner, trust me!

I just want to say that I'm an artist which means that I have absolutely no knowledge or desire to know any more about math than I do now.  As a result, the yardage requirements that I'm about to give you is my BEST GUESS, based on what I've accomplished with mine thus far.

So here's the deal.  My instructions will include the sizes for two quilts.  One will finish at 102" x 88" and the second option will finish at 88" x 88".  If you want to alter the size in any way then that will be your decision and you'll have to figure out how much more or less fabric you'll need.

I would recommend getting a minimum of 4 yards of the focus...or in this case, the yellow...fabric which also will also take into account the yardage for the binding and 5 yards of the white/cream.  Having too much is better than having not enough to complete the quilt and besides, you can always make a pair of pillow slips or shams should there be any leftovers.



On Monday I'll be posting the PDF file with the instructions and grid charts in addition to a step-by-step tutorial with loads of photos illustrating the steps I followed to make my version.

Have fun shopping for your fabric over the weekend and we'll see you back here on Monday.

Oh, and I'll leave you with a picture of Frankie supervising, just to make sure that I'm doing a good job with mine.





Happy stitching and shopping!

14 comments:

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Oh what fun! I look forward to watching all the progress. I have a few too many new projects to take on another. Love your fabric choice.

Claire said...

Very cute, Kaaren. Yellow is such a happy, fresh colour. Frankie could be a poster boy for Bernina!

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I love your yellow!!

sunny said...

Frankie is dong a fantastic job of supervising!! Now I'm off to find the perfect yellow fabric.

Phyllis said...

Thanks Kaaren. Off to check out my fabric and go shopping.

gracie said...

What a great helper Frankie is I am sure! I am so tempted to try this quilt a-along. I really will give it lots of weekend thought.

deebriese said...

Ok! see you monday!

CJ said...

Beautiful Frankie ! I am looking forward to making this great quilt. Thanks !

sue bennett said...

How exciting. I may not have my fabrics by Monday but can get next week. Looking forward to the sew a long.
Frankie is such a beautiful cat.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

This is very exciting and tempting... can't wait to see what's next!

Debra @ Life is a Stitch said...

I love it! and it did 'stop me in my tracks'. Like others, I have way too many projects already going, but the famous last word - BUT....
Thanks! Looking forward to seeing the progress and maybe I'll have to make the time, too! lol

Bonnie said...

OK, purchased my fabrics today! I'm so excited! I'm going to mix it up a bit with a pink rose print...very vintage looking!

barcord said...

Thank you Kaaren. Looking forward to trying this.

Unknown said...

Love your new fabrics, I am planning a black and white quilt and these would be fun to include and the fall ones will also find a good project. Hope you are on the mend, I saw your walker in one of your recent posts. All the best, thanks for the chance to enter. Virgina sewsewsenior@gmail.com