Sunday, March 29, 2015

Sunny Sunday Musings

Another 5" of snow fell overnight but the sun is out, the skies are blue and it's not that cold out so hopefully it'll all be gone by the end of the day...the new stuff, I mean.  The remnants of our many winter nor'easter storms will be here for a while yet but hopefully not too long as robins have been spotted in the area.


Yesterday was a busy stitching day.  

I finished appliqueing and embellishing all the blocks for my Down in the Garden quilt except for the one pictured below which I'll complete sometime today.

  
Next I'll be adding sashing and cornerstones followed by a final outside border and then it'll be done!


I have so many projects on my "to do" list, I don't know what I'm going to tackle next!


In the meantime, soup is simmering on the stove (the aroma is heavenly)...

and the kitchen floor is washed so I can now lay claim to the rest of the day as mine to do whatever tickles my fancy.


First I'm going to relax and read the Home Tours edition of Country Sampler magazine...


and then you know where I'll be...and you don't even have to guess!

Happy stitching!

16 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Sounds like a perfect day, inside away from all your snow.

Julierose said...

I just love your quilt "Down in the Garden"; so pretty!
Hugs, Julierose (p.s. We got another 3" and it is only 26 degrees out there--will it never end???)

Lori said...

More snow....more stitchin' time. Enjoy your day!

paulette said...

Sounds like a wonderful day planned!! ENJOY!!

annie said...

Sounds like a wonderful day!
Love the stitching, all those colors and pieces around it, loving this one already. The view through the kitchen, it feels like home! I can smell the soup from here! Enjoy, and be blessed.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Lovely quiliting.
So close to lunch though, my heart smiles wider seeing the soup on the stove. lol

LONA said...

Your quilt is stunning- Enjoy your day! I live in Central USA and we have had almost no moisture all winter- your snow looks lovely- we only had 1 day that the grandkids could sled. Now we will need to get crops planted- so praying for rain.

Stitches said...

You have a good day for stitching..oh my, I am so grateful that we have no more snow and the grass is greening up...I love Spring!!

Anonymous said...

I am in love with your Down in the Garden version... and your kitchen is so perfect... I love it!

Jacqueline Morris said...

Wow!! More snow! Gosh!!!
Firstly thank you ever so much for your kind reply and explanation of the circle....it was much appreciated :)
Ooooh yummy, looking soup...such a big pan full too!!
I love your stitching....and quilt, goes without saying!!
Brilliantly clean kitchen floor..... Ever so so tidy too!! Yes after all that, indeed read your magazine and do more stitching!!
Smiles :)

Susan Kane said...

You do such beautiful work! and the soup looks delicious. Great day to do both.

Unknown said...

Hi Kaaren, I absolutely love your Down in the Garden quilt and am amazed at what you accomplish. Did you get the pattern from Leanne's magazine Vignette? I was also wondering if you put a backing on your blocks before you stitch them? I am starting your santa quilt that was in Primitive Quilts.
Your soup looks lovely and your house so wonderful. My style for sure.
Stay well
mary

Pauline C. Cabana said...

Is the pattern Down in the Garden available to purchase?

Janet O. said...

I can tell I am going to love your twist on this quilt!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Your work is so lovely. And I can smell that soup! It is snowing here in Maine this morning, argh!

barcord said...

lovely stitcheries and blocks. I can almost smell the soup. Does Mr PQ hire you out for kitchen floor cleaning? I will be first in line. Keep warm.x