Friday, October 31, 2014

Sewing and Stitching

I guess by now you realize that when you haven't heard from me in a while, you know I've been busy!

Frankie and Ollie continue to cuddle by the fire and I also stay warm and keep them company while stitching at the kitchen table.


I completed another block from Leanne Beasley's Down in the Garden and have already started on the next one.  A butterfly will be appliqued to the end of the spout but I haven't decided whether I'll make it from wool or cotton.


In the interim and to take a break from stitching, I finished piecing a mini flimsy for a small quilt-a-month club that I'm taking part in.  


I cut the second one out yesterday and started piecing it this afternoon.  My goal is to have the flimsy finished by Sunday.  This one will be made entirely from Civil War and reproduction fabrics.


The quilts are from Tara Lynn Darr's book called Small Treasures From Scraps.


And of course no week would be complete without a little retail therapy!


Aren't they gorgeous?

Happy stitching!

11 comments:

gracie said...

I said to myself, haven't read any posts from Kaaren, she must be really busy! Love what you have been doing!

Janet O. said...

The pals sleeping by the stove are just way too cute! What a life! : )
That watering can is sweet. Is there much applique in the design? I couldn't recall if you have appliqued on any of the work you have shown us so far.
LOVE your little quilt. I haven't yet seen that book of Tara's, but I have certainly enjoyed making quilts from Simply Charming.

Needled Mom said...

It's nice to be kept busy! I love the flimsy.

Pam in IL said...

Love your new fabrics! The little quilt is gorgeous and the stitched block looks great so far.

Flickenstichlerin said...

The stitchery looks great. Love the colors of the little flimsy. Looks so cute.
Greetings,
Sylvia

margaret said...

you have been busy, the wateringcan can is bursting with life. Very nice block and a very nice choice of retail therapy

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Just love your new fabrics ... and that little flimsy.

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

I just love all of your Quilting, and all of your photos. You are a beautiful Quilter.

Happy Quilting

Candace said...

You have definitely been busy, Kaaren! I sure wish our girls could cuddle up like Frankie and Ollie! I'd like to join them on the floor in front of the stove!
Cheers!

barbara woods said...

your heater looks so good, wish we had one to put your feet up to

Monica said...

It all looks wonderful, Kaaren! What cozy fun you are having. :D

I've been procrastinating on the big blocks for DitG, stitching all the little bits instead. But this week is the week I break out the ink. Wish me luck!