Tuesday, August 11, 2009

LQS

Linda, one of the gals who I met at my guild has opened a quilt shop next to her home which is located about 10 miles from where I live.  Although she’s been open for about 6 months, I’ve always forgotten to bring my camera along whenever I visited her shop, probably because of my preoccupation about shopping.  On my last visit, I did manage to take some photos.

img63Heartworks is not a large shop but the inventory that Linda carries is wonderful and varied.  It is bright, cheery and well organized.

mom'sshop001Many antiques and old quilts are used as props which add a lot of character and ambiance to the shop.

mom'sshop003Linda is always open to suggestions about what to add to her shop in the way of books, notions and fabric.  She also has started to bring in wool for those of us who are nuts about it.

mom'sshop002Not only am I fortunate to have Linda as a friend, but to have a LQS in such short proximity to where I live is a bonus…or in Mr. Painted Quilt’s eyes…a liability…ho hum.

Happy stitching!

Kaaren  ♥

17 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

What a cute shop. I love the props mixed with the quilt goodies. Lucky you to have something so cute so close. I'm so happy your remembered your camera.

Rumi said...

I can imagine that hubby is nervous LOL! How wonderful to have such a sweet little shop so close by.

Jilly's Space said...

Sweet little quilt shop! Nice that she is open to suggestions and bringing in your wool!

Julie said...

looks like a cosy little place to while away a few hours kaaren. lucky you!
hugs,
julie xxoo

zigzago said...

The shop looks great! I love those cosy little shops, it's like visiting a friends home!
I send you a new e-mail, I hope today it commes over to you. Have a nice day! Hugs, Renata.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Very nice shop and you are lucky to have it so close. My closest one is over 25 miles.

Anonymous said...

The shop looks fantastic and within such a short distance is even better! (sure glad you remembered the camera!!) I went to a lecture the other night to see my friend Scott Murkin. I was so mad after he showed the quilt John Flynn asked him to make for the Houston show this year! I coulod have given everybody a fantastic sneak peek! But no....forgot the camera!!

Jocelyn said...

What a wonderful shop! So much eye candy. How great that it is close by, for a quick run-in or textile therapy :-)

dotti white said...

Kaaren..that quilt shop looks so sweet! Thank you for sharing the pictures. Looks like a fun place to retreat to when you need a "cheer me up" hour or two! Have a wonderful day!

Wendy said...

I'm glad you remembered your camera, what a sweet little shop to have so close to you.
Love the x-stitch sampler, you are doing a great job.

Karen said...

A nice sweet spot to visit and it sounds like she wants her customers to be happy and that's a good thing. I love all of the eye candy in her store - it would be a fun store to have close by.

Karen

Sherri said...

Oh, how wonderful it would be to have a quilt shop within 10 miles...I would be in heaven...although Mr. Quilting Life would not!

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

LQS?? Local Quilt Shop I am guessing? I long for one of those! Just for the odds and ends and bits of fabric I might need for other stuff since quilting is not in my future. A wool stash would be awesome as well! How nice to have a friend with a shop - locally!! Enjoy it!!

hugs, Linda

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

What a nice shop, I wish all the best! thanks for sharing the pictures. Hey, maybe she needs help and you could work there!!

Sara said...

Looks like a beautiful shop! I love to just browse QS's like that! Wouldn't mind a visit myself, if it were a little closer!

LADY BEVERLY said...

This is a charming shop - wish we had one here. Very cozy and inviting - I can see me going there and leaving without any money left in my account.

Thanks for sharing and best wishes to your friend on her success!

Bev

Candace said...

Great shop and so nicely decorated! My LQS is within walking distance - so I have to be really careful about putting it on my daily walking route!!
Cheers!