Friday, January 30, 2009

The Center is Done!

I'm not going to lie and say it was a "piece of cake" but last night I finished piecing the 10 blocks that make up the center of my Primitive Garden BOM. Whew! I just love the look of wool appliqued on cotton and am so happy with the appearance thus far. I still have the first border to complete which will be the same as the sashing strips, but I think I'll put this to bed for awhile, or at least til the first of the 4 outer border kits arrive. Just 4 more and then the BIG decision...to hand quilt or have it machine quilted?



But I'm happy that is one more thing I can now strike off my "TO DO" list, for the time being anyway, and move on to my next project...the free Bunny Hill Designs BOM. I have all the fabric picked out for the elements to be appliqued and am almost ready to proceed. I just need to cut out the background blocks from the fabric I purchased the other day and it's a go.

Happy stitching!

17 comments:

Yvette said...

WOW!!! I love it! I will for sure put this on my to-do list.

Carrie P. said...

Job well done. Looks so good put together.

a good yarn said...

Thank you for your kind words on my blog Kaaren. Your quilt is breathtaking. I haven't yet tackled an applique that size. You have put many hours into this and it shows. Beautiful!

I'm off to look at Sweet Retreat.

Cheers...Ann :)

Julia said...

The quilt is beautiful Kaaren..
It does look like it was a lot of work..
Julia ♥

Pieced Pastimes said...

This is so darned pretty! You did a wonderful job!

Amy said...

Kaaren,
Your quilt is beautiful. I didnt realize it was part wool.....I have never done any wool,but will someday...........

Amy said...

Girl,
You better get busy on the Basket block BOM.The next one is out of Feb 5th........I am ready and waiting........

Carrie ~ Cricketwood Prims said...

Your Garden quilt is beautiful, I love wool too, enjoy your new BOM. It is such a good feeling to see the fruits of your effort.

Andrea said...

Oh this is gorgeous. Applique is not my favourite thing to do and I so admire anyone who does it well. Brilliant

M and M plus 3 said...

My goodness, that is some kind of pretty quilt going on there. You go girl!
Mandy

Janet said...

This quilt is wonderful, I can't believe you've only been quilting for a year!
The Irish cahin quilt looks fabulous on the bed, you must be so pleased.

Sandy F said...

That is so pretty. I think maybe that is the motivation that I need to work on mine. I have three blocks done, but can sure find other projects to work on instead of that one. I really do love it and not sure what the hold up is.

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog through Carrie's. Love it and will be back! Your quilts are to die for and your NEW to quilting?! Did I read that?! Wow....can't wait to see what else you've got up your sleeve....or shall I say in the sewing room.

Anne said...

I love that BOM so much. It took all I had not to order it. When I finally gave in to myself, they were all sold out. I think that may have been a good thing for me. Yours is fabulous!

Anonymous said...

I have 7 of the 10 center blocks done....yours looks BEAUTIFUL!!! Then I hit the wall on this one and put it aside for awhile. The borders are very VERY full (stunning of course) but lots of work ahead! Love yours... it is turning out lovely :o)

Karen said...

I love it! Just beautiful!

Margot said...

Very beautiful this thy work.