Thursday, January 29, 2009

12" of the White Stuff!




It started snowing yesterday morning at around 7:00 a.m. and it was still coming down at 10:45 p.m. when I finally turned out the last light and went to bed. This is what our backyard looked like this morning just after daybreak. The fence is 5' high, so this gives you an indication as to how much snow is actually resting there, providing a white fluffy blanket to shelter my perennial gardens asleep below. Needless to say, I didn't even poke my head outdoors til this morning. Freshly fallen snow is pretty, indeed...from the inside looking out.


Having said that, I did manage to get more work done on my Primitive Garden BOM quilt. I'm finding that assembling the 10 inside blocks is a bit like putting a jigsaw puzzle together as there doesn't appear to be any directions on how to go about it. I took photos of each of the 10 blocks...yep, I finally figured out how to use the camera. Some of them have the pieced half square triangles on them and others do not. This is a part of the construction puzzle...much like a Rubic's cube...which I was not too terribly good at either.




Hopefully, I'll be able to get some of the blocks pieced together before the day is done.


And without further ado, my sewing machine beckons!

6 comments:

Jossie said...

Hi Kaaren, welcome to blogland. You have made some beautiful quilts. I came over from Robyn's blog. Hope you will visit mine too now and then.

Julie said...

hi kaaren,
that snow is so pretty! and your quilt will be gorgeous when completed. i'm loving those crows!
julie :)

West Michigan Quilter said...

Your blocks are so beautiful. They are teaching this same quilt at our shop and I can't wait to start it. I'll check back later to see how you are coming. Happy quilting.

Karen from Sew Many Ways... said...

Hi Kaaren,
Just popping over from Robyn's blog to say welcome to blogland. This primitive garden quilt is going to be wonderful. I also love the quilt a few posts back on the bed...beautiful!!
~Karen~

Carrie P. said...

Wow, your blocks are so great. I just love the crows.

Carrie ~ Cricketwood Prims said...

Your blocks are just wonderful and coming together.