Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Wool Crazy Pincushion Finish!

Even though Old Man Winter will soon rear his ugly head, my studio was filled with the Sounds of Summer as I sewed the last stitch into my newest wool crazy pincushion just a short while ago.



Can you hear the bees buzzing around the bee skep, the chirping of the little red cardinal in front of his birdhouse and the flapping of the butterfly's wings as it lands atop the purple echinacea?



This original, one-of-a-kind design made from hand dyed 100% wool is in keeping with the traditional crazy quilt style combining applique, embroidery, glass beads and embellishments galore!



And where else can you find a fresh egg for just 5 cents?

It measures approximately 6" in diameter and is stuffed with polyester fibrefill.



If you would like this wool crazy pincushion either for yourself or as a Christmas gift, I'm selling it for $60, postage included in the US and Canada and $70 postage included internationally.  Payment will be by Paypal only.

There's only one so it will be sold on a first come-first served basis.  If you'd like to give it a home, please email me at...


thepaintedquilt@gmail.com

And remember, you can never have too many pincushions!


Happy stitching!


UPDATE:  The Sounds of Summer pincushion is SOLD!  Thanks so much.

25 comments:

Phyllis said...

I am ready to put borders on the First Friday Freebie. Love it, so fun to embroider and the variegated thread looks wonderful. Thank you for the beautiful design.

Darlene D said...

Awesome!

Jane said...

LOVE it!!!!! I wish I saw this first to add it to the beautiful Christmas one I have!! Next time...I'm sure it went to a great home. I'm so happy to hear you are doing so well and tests have been great too!!!!! Hugs!

Nancy said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Karens Quilts, Crows and Cardinals said...

Beautiful job Kaaren... Wow!

Grandma M said...

It's gorgeous. Any chance you would sell the pattern?

Sandi said...

Beautiful job on the pin cushion Kaaren, congrats on selling it already the new owner will enjoy it for a long while.

Hope you are staying warm with all this crazy early winter weather happening.

Candace said...

I knew your gorgeous creation would be snatched up in a flash, Kaaren! It's just so you and whomever got it is very fortunate! Now....don't you wish summer was here already?!
Cheers!

annie said...

it's wonderful, love the details!

Pam in IL said...

That turned out so cute! I'd be afraid to stick any pins in it, lol.

Karen said...

A very good finish, Kaaren. Sort of reminds me of the round robin you, me, Lori, and Paulette did a good while back. I treasure the wool piece I ended up with.

Janet O. said...

Wonderful piece, Kaaren. What attention to detail!

Susannah said...

OHhhhhh...I am always too late. I would have loved to have one of your works of art. Next time...maybe. I have always admired those particular pin cushions. You do such a sweet job.

Have a delightful week!
Susannah

margaret said...

this is a pin cushion with so much to see and admire, very nice indeed

Anonymous said...

How pretty that is!

Jocelyn said...

It's beautiful!

Carli The Quilter said...

Absolutely lovely!

Elizabeth said...

I love your pin cushion for two reasons, firstly I love pincushions and secondly it's so pretty and perfectly stitched, I haven't stitched with wool before so I need to find a kit to make something similar. Thanks for tempting me and glad to hear your lovely pin cushion has been snapped up by some lucky person.

Alba-mà said...

Es un coixinet molt i molt divertit.
Moltes felicitats !!!

moosecraft said...

Beautiful! I"m ready for Spring/Summer!
We had a snow yesterday... so, now I'm done with winter... lol!

Barb said...

what a lovely pin cushion!~

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Wonderful, Kaaren!!!

Carolyn

Phyllis in Minnesota said...

Just finished a wallhanging with your bells and bows drawing and I love it. I appreciate (and envy) your talent and want to thank you soooo much for sharing it.
Stay warm and enjoy,

Jeanna said...

That is the cutest pincushion EVER Kaaren!

Congrats to the buyer...I'm sure it will go to a good home :)

Sheila said...

I LOVE this pincushion, makes me want to start one straight away :-) Congrats on selling it I am not surprised !