Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Hi Ho, Hi Ho...It's off to class I go!

I'm so excited because today is my first applique class. I absolutely love stitching by hand and needle turn applique, but today's class teaches the back basting method. I am basically a self-taught quilter but, thanks to all the blog tutorials out there on needle turn applique...my favorite being Carrie's...I've been able to proceed on my own.

Must get going as I still have to gather my supplies together. Updates on the class to follow...

2 comments:

Genevieve said...

Hi Kaaren... I love taking classes and learning new things. I'm taking an online class the begins today at Joggles.com, it's called Telamadera Fusion, a technique that combines painting and fused fabric on a wood surface.

Carrie P. said...

I think you will like the back basting technique. I learned it a few years ago and now I teach it to my students. Thanks for mentioning my blog.