Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Another Flimsy!

Another flimsy finished.  Yikes!!!

Not a half an hour ago I sewed the last stitch on the fall table cloth that I told you about in my last post.  McCall's Quilting offered a FREE ebook PDF download and one of the patterns is called Scrappy Dash, similar to the one I just finished.

My favorite block is the churn dash.  I don't know why I just can't leave well enough alone but I decided to add sashing strips and cornerstones to my version and opted out of the 2" border that frames the churn dash blocks.  *sigh*  More work but more to my liking.  

My version finished at 51" x 51" which is a perfect size for our kitchen table.  It doesn't look square but it is.  It's just the angle from which I took the photo. 

I made this using the fabrics from my first fabric collections, A Vintage Autumn and Vintage Blacks.  



The colors are rich and luscious and I can't wait to have this gracing our kitchen table come the fall.  Both versions of the original pattern are definitely fat quarter friendly and if you'd like to purchase a fat quarter bundle of my fabrics, just click on the link to my Etsy shop HERE.

Click on the link HERE for the McCall's FREE patterns.  Hopefully it'll work. I had to join their site before being able to open the document so don't be surprised if you're asked to as well.

Enjoy!

I think I need a vacation!

Happy stitching!

11 comments:

barcord said...

You have been busy. Looking good.

Phyllis said...

Thank you for the link. Churn dash blocks are fun to make. Love yours.

Janet O. said...

Churn Dash tops my list of blocks, too. What a lovely table topper this will be! Your fabrics are gorgeous!

Janet said...

Very nice .😊

Janet said...

Very nice .😊

Clare said...

A lovey flimsy top. Thanks for link to free ebook. I have printing issues at the moment :( so have saved but can see a few to do from this. Happy Stitching.

margaret said...

churn dash will look great as a table topper. Link took me directly to download thanks for sharing it

Gypsy Quilter said...

Congratulations on a beautiful finish. It's lovely.

Judy said...

I like your version better than the one in the book! Your fabrics are beautiful. I may have to make one for my kitchen table. Thank you!

Danice G said...

The link to McCall's does work- thank you. I also love the Churn Dash block. Is it also called Monkey Wrench, or is that another block? Your quilt is so pretty.

QuiltNut Creations said...

one of my favourite blocks! love your version.