Thursday, September 3, 2015

Mystery Quilt-Along Step 4

The fourth step to my Mystery Quilt-Along is finally done thanks to the low humidity of the past couple of days during which time I spent many hours happily playing in my upstairs sewing studio.


Mystery Quilt-Along Step 4
After Step 4, the quilt top should measure 66 1/2" long x 62 1/2" wide.  We're getting there!

I decided on a French braid border and for those of you who have never made one, you'll find that it is surprisingly easy to do.  

Below is one of the many links I found on how to go about constructing a pieced French braid.




And just click HERE for the link to the downloadable PDF file containing the photo and instructions.


Have fun and we'll see you 'soon' with Step 5.




Happy stitching!


17 comments:

Lesley said...

Kaaren, your quilt is beautiful! Love seeing the braided border added to the centre. Gorgeous!

Flickenstichlerin said...

Just gorgeous Karen, wonderful desing.
Greetings,
Syliva

Sara said...

Absolutely beautiful. The braid adds a real depth to the whole design.

Janet O. said...

The wandering geese and braid borders really give it movement!

Sandi said...

Lovely!

Maria said...

I am loving your House Mystery Quilt and hope to still be able to download the patterns and make it when we get home in a few weeks. Hubby and I have been travelling around Aussie for the past 6 weeks...

barbara woods said...

I love that, you need to put into a show some where. It would win!

Robin Waggoner, Quilter and Designer said...

Kaaren, I LOVE, LOVE this. I am always drawn to "neighborhood" house type quilts but this one is really striking. I like the primitive color scheme and the wonderful staggered flying geese. Great job as always.

Sheila said...

Thank you so much for the beautiful pattern Kaarin. I'm one step behind, but I will get caught up!

margaret said...

thank you Karen

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

I made a French braid quilt using French General fabrics and gave the quilt to my niece. I used the binding tool--it was ever so easy

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Looking wonderful! I hope you are getting some of this cool air we are enjoying in Maine this morning!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Gorgeous Karen 💖

Connie said...

I love your quilt and your blog!

Pam in IL said...

Thanks for sharing your gorgeous design. I love the colors of the fabric you are using!

~Laurie~ said...

I would stop where you are. The single color border really makes it pop - just as is :) Great job - a beautiful beautiful quilt!

Frances said...

I would love to know what the additional step would be. I would be happy making it larger, but will love it even if you stop where you are.