Thank you all for confirming what I had initially planned with respect to adding another border to my quilt.
My original plan was to add a 5" red border, wide enough to scallop the edge however, when I saw it after I had added the sashing and cornerstones, I was undecided. That's when I asked for your help.
So instead of a 5" outside border, I added a 1" turquoise border first and then finished with the 4" red border. I'll decide whether I will scallop it once it comes back from the quilter.
I'm really happy with the way it turned out...even though it is virtually unrecognizable when compared with the original design.
You're never going to guess what I'm going to be working on next...not in a million years!
Stay tuned and I'll let you know really soon.