Thursday, March 12, 2015

Road Trip

It started out as a quest for Zymol, a car wax that cleans and shines vintage sewing machines.  

Although I don't use it as often as I would like, I love my Mom's Featherweight.



I belong to a forum on Facebook for 221 and 222 Featherweights, and Zymol is the product that they recommend for cleaning and "shining" the outside surface of these machines.  After a few dead ends and a little bit of searching, I did find some today at a Canadian Tire store about 60 miles away in the automotive section.  

Another chore to add to my "to do" list!

While in the "vicinity", we continued another 15 miles up the road to one of our not-so-local fabric/quilt shops.

Look what I found!

Ten different prints from Kim Diehl's Butterchurn line, neutrals that compliment all her different fabrics.


  
Aren't they wonderful?

Some reproduction chrome yellow and turkey red also managed to jump into my cart and follow me home.



So did this fusible fleece...



and some Retayne and Synthrapol which I will use for dyeing wool.



Our last stop was for lunch at our new favorite Chinese restaurant which was the icing on top of the cake that contributed to making this a perfect day.

I also made a promise to myself that tomorrow will be the day that I will climb Mt. Everest the stairs to my sewing studio.  I'm not going to put it off any longer.


Happy stitching!

20 comments:

Gayle said...

A very productive outing! Love the new fabrics - can't go wrong with Kim Diehl!

Sheila said...

Sounds like the perfect day!

Colleen said...

Looks like you have a plan hatching with the bundle you bought the other day. Good luck on the the stair climbing expedition. It could be an adventure.

Bev said...

Good luck climbing those stairs! We are all rooting for you!

Mad about Craft said...

A good day!

Phyllis said...

Sounds like a fun and full day. Bet you will sleep well tonight.

Sass said...

Beautiful fabrics and a great way to spend your first day out.
Bet you already have a pattern in mind for them!!
Sleep well..

Anonymous said...

So glad you got out for the day of fun!

Sandy said...

What a special day! I love the neutrals. They are on my list for this weekend. I am heading to our guild's March retreat in Amish country tomorrow until Monday. Can't wait! Enjoy your climb tomorrow....be careful and take it slow, you will be fine!

sandi s said...

I'm glad you guys had such a nice day! It sounded perfect. I love your new fabrics, I'll have to check those out! Take it easy on the stars. Have your hubby bring a cup of tea and a snack up for you then you can stay awhile! Hugs,

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

I have a Featherweight too and do not sew on it as often as I should. What a lovely day!

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful new fabrics and I know you will be happy getting into your sewing room again.

Debbie

Jennie in GA said...

Looks like a fun day. How nice to have your mom's Featherweight!

Sherry said...

It sounds like a fabulous day and you found some super fabrics. I hope that all goes well when you climb the stairs.

Kristy said...

Wow! You had a busy day! So glad you were able to get out and about and even get into a little trouble! :-) Love those neutrals and the red fabric too. You can do it! (Climb those stairs that is..) Let us know. We love to hear from you. K-

Liven said...

Good Luck klimbing those stairs - I have to tell that I (at last) finished my Raggedy Ann quilt the other day, sent it to a long arm quilter - exited to get it back:-)
Love from Norway.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Love those neutrals! I don't think we can ever go wrong adding more neutrals to our stash ... and those Butterchurn neutrals especially! Glad that you were able to make a day of it ... and good luck climbing the stairs today.

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Oh what fun! So glad you are feeling well enough to "shop"! I'm sure your sewing room will shout with glee at your return. Oh happy day.

Pam in IL said...

Sounds like you had a great day! Hoping the stairs will be an easy climb for you!

Jeanna said...

You really made the most of your road trip.

Good luck with your climb!