I've been keeping myself busy stitching away on Leanne Beasley's Down in the Garden quilt.
If you recall, I added my own touches to the first five blocks and completely restitched the largest one, Block 5, after deciding that the original just didn't do it for me.
The stitching is now complete and here is my version.
I decided to get this one done and out of the way first. Of the ten blocks that make up the quilt, this one has the most stitching and is the largest block finishing at 15" x 15". I'm very happy with the way it turned out so I went ahead and prepped all the other stitcheries for the first five blocks.
I started stitching my version of Block 3 yesterday and finished it this morning. It was substantially smaller and had much less detail than the first one so it worked up quite quickly.
Here's the original birdhouse design...
And here's mine.
For the sake of continuity, I will include my redesigned flowers and leaves in all the other stitcheries and will throw in a few surprise elements as well.
I still haven't completely decided upon which fabric to use for the patchwork part and probably won't make that decision until all the stitcheries are done.
So while the turkey is in the oven, there's no better time than now to start on the next one.
Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian friends!