Friday, August 22, 2014

My "man quilt"!

Look what's coming home!


My friend Alice has finished quilting my "man quilt" and as of yesterday, it's in the hopefully capable hands of the Canadian postal system.  I can't wait to see it in person!  She also sent me these photos which I'm sharing with you.


What a difference great quilting does for a quilt, huh?  Thank you sooooo much, Alice!


The binding is already prepped so you'll know what I'll be doing as soon as I pick it up from the post office and bring it home.


I'm also hoping to have the pattern ready for purchase in the next week or so.

Now I have to come up with a title from all the suggestions that were made some time ago.  I've saved each and every one of them.  What I'll do is narrow them down to my favorite four or five and then let you all choose which one you like the best.  The person who suggested the winning title will receive a copy of my pattern.

Can you tell I'm excited?  Mr. Painted Quilt is too!

Happy stitching!

24 comments:

Colleen said...

Once again, your quilter has done your work proud and the combo is spectacular!

Rosa said...

This is just fantastic.Sure he will be delighted!

gracie said...

Wow...yes wow!

Sara said...

Wow! This is just a fabulous man quilt. At my house though I would have to replace all the hunting and fishing blocks with golfers. :-) But my sons-in-law would love this just the way you designed it.

Lori said...

Congratulations! It is wonderful and even better when it is quilted.

Sandi said...

You and your quilter have made a lovely piece. May Mr. P.Q. Enjoy it for many years to come. Congratulations on your almost finish.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

WOW--that is one awesome quilt. Yes a quilt is not really a quilt until it is quilted

Cati said...

Pero que preciosidades haces es preciosa!
Besos.

Mans Amigues said...

Beautiful!!!!

Sass said...

That is perfection!! What a beautiful quilt..

Bev said...

Can hardly wait to see it completed. Mr. P. Is a lucky man to have such a lovely quilt made for him. Nice work Kaaren

colleen said...

Lovely. Thank you for the peek
I have missed placed Darlene's blog adress for some unknown reason I stopped getting her blog and haven't heard a bit about her shop either
Thank you
Colleen

KMSC said...

What a wonderful quilt. I can tell that a lot of talent, time and love went into the making! Congratulations!

Quiltgal said...

Truly a gorgeous quilt.

Kris said...

GREAT Quilt!!

margaret said...

amazing quilt, lots to see and admire here

Denise said...

Gorgeous man quilt!

Lilian Pilar said...

Kaaren, esta precioso.
Felicitaciones!!!

EL RINCON DE CHELO said...

Es una labor maravillosa, besos

EL RINCON DE CHELO said...

Es una labor maravillosa, besos

barcord said...

This is another amazing quilt. I have no doubt Mr PQ will value it above all the quilts you have designed. Fantastic.

Lesley said...

Fabulous quilt! You and Alice really work well together!

Egluegirl said...

Lovely work!

Unknown said...

That's a gorgeous quilt!