Sunday, April 27, 2014

New design in the works!

Between spring yard work, housework and preparing meals, you'd think that there would not be many hours left in a day to design and sew...right?  

Not so! 

I always try to make and take the time for the latter, especially when an idea pops into my head!

Just the other day when I was mindlessly sewing on the binding to one of the wall hangings in my new Lighthouse Series, an idea/theme for a new design was born into my thoughts so I dropped everything and began sketching.  I finalized the line drawings yesterday, went to the printer in town to have them enlarged and this morning worked on a layout until I was happy with the results.  Later this afternoon I'll begin cutting.  I just love when this happens because that usually hopefully means everything will flow smoothly as I bring it to "life".

Speaking of lighthouses, I completed two additional wallhanging projects which will also become patterns as soon as I get them written up and copied.  Four of the six are now available for sale as patterns in my Etsy shop HERE.

Here are the two new ones...
Night Time at Point Prim Light 
And...
Whale Watching
I thoroughly enjoyed making these lighthouse projects because they work up quickly.  After finishing my quilt for the winter issue of Primitive Quilts & Projects magazine, I needed a break and these satisfied my desire to continue to create and also to work with my hands which is when I'm happiest.

Now I'm ready to sink my teeth into this new project with renewed vigor!

Lunch is next and then I'll head up to my studio till dinner time...or beyond!


Happy stitching!

12 comments:

Sheila said...

I really like thus lighthouse series and can't wait to see the new design !

Sheila said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
gracie said...

I love lighthouse (coming from New England area) and these are wonderful.

WoolenSails said...

Those are both beautiful and I love the fabrics you used for the sky and landscape.

Debbie

Needled Mom said...

Your lighthouses look wonderful. I love your fabric choices for the rocks and fields too.

Elizabeth said...

It's wonderful when ideas pop into our heads and we actually have time to start on what we're thinking about. Just wish the day job didn't get in the way so much but I have plans with that too....

Susannah said...

Very interesting, Kaaren! Your lighthouses are fabulous. The fabrics you are using are really splendid. I am so happy you are enjoying all of this sewing!

Susannah

clarayacaldwell@gmail.com said...

Can't wait to see your new ideas. Your lighthouses are wonderful. Would you have time to see if your sewing kit has a brand name on it. I am having a difficult time finding one similar. Thanks. Linda Caldwell

margaret said...

great lighthouses, we are all in suspense to see what you designed yesterday

Marie said...

I am always very excited when I see you have posted. You make your blog so interesting. Love the lighthouses and can't wait to see the next of whatever you design. Hugs, Marie

EL RINCON DE CHELO said...

Me encantan los faros, y esos son preciosos!!!!!!!

Ali said...

I absolutely love your lighthouse designs. They're stunning. The minute I saw them Nova Scotia came to mind.
Ali xx