After stressing about it for days, I decided to bow out of making the Baltimore quilt. Not only are the twenty-five blocks made up of a gazillion pieces, the majority of the pieces are itsy-bitsy-teensy-weensy, some so small that I even had trouble holding them between my fingers while cutting them out. So I bequeathed all my prepped pieces to my friend Debra who is so much more adept at raw edge applique than me.
Now it's full steam ahead with my newest project. And speaking of "steam", are you aware that "Steam-A-Seam"...my absolute favorite product for both wool-on-cotton as well as raw edge applique...has come out with a "new and improved" product?
The paper is different and evidently the adhesive is different and better as well. I was so excited when I heard about it that I had my LQS order me a whole box.
Here's what the company has to say about it...
I spent the entire afternoon in my sewing room again and finished tracing the elements for my latest project using the new product.
I found two of these kits in my stash that I had purchased at my LQS when we lived in Ontario. I must have really liked it in order to end up with two of them!
I gave my friend Debra one of them and we're planning on getting together tomorrow to cut out and fuse the shapes to the fabrics that were included in the kits. I'm anxious to try the new Steam-A-Seam and I'll definitely give you a report on it's performance.
It is our intention to make this into a full sized quilt by adding several different pieced borders while using the kit design as the center medallion.
On the health front, I still need assistance from Mr. Painted Quilt to negotiate the stairs but once I get up to my sewing room, I'm able to get around with the help of...
my new PINK cane!
I still need a lot of practice but it provides me with the confidence I need with respect to becoming more mobile...which ultimately means more time in my sewing room! Yay!