Thursday, January 20, 2011

Raggedy & Friends–Blocks 7, 8 and 9

Here we are again…the 20th of January.  It seems like I just posted Block 6 and said that we’re half way there!

This month, I will be releasing Blocks 7, 8 and 9 at one time because they are smaller than the others and each block has only one stitchery each.  I know you won’t have any problems completing the three blocks before the 20th of next month.

Block 7 will look like this…

DSCN0007

Block 8 like this…

DSCN0008

And Block 9 like this…

DSCN0009

To download the PDF file which includes the photos, instructions and line drawings, please click HERE.  Remember to click on the blue download button, allow the file to load and follow the instructions. 

We are now three quarters there with only three blocks remaining after today.  If you haven’t already, you might want to start piecing the blocks together in rows.  Once you have completed piecing the individual rows, you can create the row of sashing that separates each row, adding a 2 1/2” cornerstone of a coordinating piece of fabric in order to frame the individual blocks.  Remember to also make one for the top and at the same time you can make one for the bottom of your quilt and set it aside because the measurements will be the same as for the top.

Have fun, enjoy and we’ll see you on the 20th of February with Block 10.

Kaaren ♥

22 comments:

Pippa Parsons said...

I've found your site late in the BOM so I'm starting block one today but it looks lovely and I'm loving your blog...and your fire !

BubzRugz said...

Thanks Kaaren.. lovely blocks again.... I am way behind but have worked hard this week....
Hugz

Ulla said...

Thank you, Kaaren! This will keep me busy until next month.
Your new house is getting nicer all the time. The new machines look super efficient.

Miss Hillbilly said...

I am really enjoying this, thank you. I am only just beginning; and my daughter is making one as well. That is a blessing as I haven't gotten her to do a project of any kind for years!

Penny said...

Oh dear..I'm way way behind! But better late than never *wink* ! Thanks Kaaren for another lovely blocks.

Becky R said...

Thank you Kaaren for another month of lovely designs for this project. I've enjoyed creating them but did get behind over the holidays but now must catch up!
Enjoy seeing pictures of your new home and all.

gigi said...

Looovvve your blog, its a treasure box of everything thats wonderful, love your colors and designs, I will be back to explore ;<) thank you for sharing

Abby and Stephanie said...

Thousands of darling quilts are being made worldwide thanks to you. You help make the world a sweeter place. :o)

paulette said...

Thanks SEW much Kaaren!! You have been busy! I had no problems downloading it! Love this quilt! Thanks so much for sharing!
Paulette

Margie said...

Boy, that was a close one!! Got behind with my blocks and said I would get caught up before this one came out. Last week I finished up the last block (or so I thought). Was laying them out to admire, felt so good and then OHHHH NO 1 block is missing and I don't remember doing it. Found the pattern and sure enough I had not even started it. Hurry Hurry and fast forward to last night. Hurrrray--It's finished!!

Do we have a place to post our pictures? Have looked but can't seem to come up with one. Thanks so very much for your patterns.

Darlene said...

Woohoo - it's time for new blocks! Thank you so much for doing this for all of us, Kaaren.

Betty said...

I have sew enjoyed this project and have kept caught up so far. I think this month will go fairly fast. Is there a place to post our pictures to see what everyone is doing?

Sandy said...

Hi Kaaren,
Thank you again for your blocks. Your new home looks lovely. Nova Scotia is a place I have always wanted to visit. Maybe someday we will make it there from Pa.
Sandy

Anonymous said...

thank you love Kaaren for 7, 8 and 9 BOM have a great day Christine

Celia said...

Gracias por estos últimos bloques. Preciosos.
cariños

Allie said...

So cute Kaaren, thank you!

Jenny's Place Online said...

Another lovely group of blocks....thank you again, Kaaren :) Happy crafting, Jenny

Janet said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous.

Margie said...

I hope it is not just me, but block 7 on the download is not there. It is blank. The other two blocks print out just fine. Is anyone else having this problem?

Margie said...

Thank You Kaaren, I guess I was in a hurry and didn't go to the very last page. So sorry, will pay more attention next time.

Lurline said...

A bit late, but, Happy 2011, Kaaren and i really do love your Header must tell us a little about it sometime!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Marit Johanne said...

These blocks are so cute. I want to make them, but I don't know how to get time to make all I want!