Monday, January 31, 2011

Goodies in the Mail!

Today felt like Christmas all over again.  Two parcels were waiting for me in our mail box…and no bills!  Woo hoo!

sew strip art

Mr. Painted Quilt and I were talking just the other day about our move to Nova Scotia and if I missed anything from our “other” life.  Without hesitation I said the one thing I missed the most was my monthly guild meetings and all the gals that I had become friends with over the last couple of years.  Well, lo and behold, look what arrived today…

SAM_1022

A gorgeous, hand stitched penny rug made out of the most delightful selection of wool!  The picture simply does not do it justice.  I’ve put it on top of our new fireplace for now but I’m not sure whether that will be it’s final resting place.  I might find a better home for it once the renovations are done and everything is unpacked.

SAM_1027

Enclosed was a card with a note from each of the guild members.  I know that quite a few a few of the members read my blog and I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for thinking about me and for the kind and thoughtful wishes that you sent my way.  I am writing this with tears in my eyes and please know that I miss you.  Giant hugs to all of you!

SAM_1029

I also received a package from Dianne.  Although Dianne doesn’t have an active blog, she does read them…the same way I did before I actually took the plunge and started blogging myself. 

As a way of saying thank you for my FFF’s and Raggedy & Friends BOM, Dianne sent me a gorgeous redwork Christmas ornie and a hand made, hand painted seam ripper in it’s own little case.  The seam ripper was purchased from Lynette Anderson Designs and it’s the cutest gadget ever!

SAM_1031

Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness, Dianne.  You too have touched my heart and I will cherish your gifts always.

sew strip art

And speaking of FFF’s (First Friday Freebies), this Friday is the First Friday of the month so be sure to come back then when I release a brand new design created just for you!  I like it and I hope that you will too!

Kaaren ♥

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

What sweet of your guild to sent you such beautiful penny rug. And the gifts you got from Diana, a seamripper from Lynnet, woah.

~Laurie~ said...

How sweet! Thanks for sharing your presents - it was so nice to see kindness being spread about :)

Beckyjean said...

What wonderful goodies you received in the mail. I know you will enjoy them!!

Becky

Red Heads said...

Kaaren, How thoughtful of your quilt friends to remember you. That says to me that( YOU,) are a special person!! Life sometimes gives us those little perk moments that make our day . Your thoughtful gift drom Dianne is very special. Enjoy our N.S. day Kaaren. Blessings: Dianne.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Now you have all of your guild friends with you every day. What a special gift. Darling little seam ripper you received too.

Marj said...

Your post today brought a tear to my eye. At least through bloging you can easily stay in touch with your faraway guild sisters. I hope that you can find a guild near you soon.

Elyte said...

What a beautiful gift from your guild. I think you will be missed.

Shelley said...

Your wool pennie looks so good on the fireplace! Don't get too homesick now...take care!

Janet said...

What beautiful gifts from friends - just when you needed spirits lifted! Lovely!!
I meant to ask you about your fire and mantel - is it electric?
or a gas or oil wall vented zero clearance?
Am considering somr additional heat for next winter and doing my research. Lol
Janet up the road

Heather said...

Hi Kaaren! It's been ages since I commented here... I've been reading, but more in the "blog stocker" sense (grin)... However, then I saw that darling penny rug and HAD to say hello. What a wonderful treat to find in your mailbox! A work of stitchery art for sure and a treasure. I hope you find some new quilty folk to mingle with in your new location. Best wishes, Heather

gracie said...

What wonderful friends to send that to you. It is lovely.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful penny rug. Aren't friends wonderful. Thanks for sharing with all your blogging followers/friends.

WoolenSails said...

What wonderful gifts and such thoughtful friends.
I saw Lynettes new needle keepers, they are so fun.

Debbie

Ter'e said...

That little pennie rug is so precious! You just want to bring it to your face and KISS it!!!!! What a treasure of a gift!!!!!

It seems that several of us are lusting over your beautiful fireplace!!!!!! Even in FL, I would love to have this.

Love and hugs!!!!

Lori said...

Gifts from friends are so special! I love the penny rug. What a great way to help you not miss your girls so much.

Siobhán said...

Oh my goodness! What sweet, wonderful gifts. I am sure your heart was touched and will be every time you see those items.

Bertie said...

Such gorgeous presents, that Penny rug is just fabulous and love it on your unusual fireplace.
Hope all that snow has gone!

Teresa said...

What a special gift to receive. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely gift from your guild. It does look great on the fireplace. I've never seen a seam ripper like that. Almost wouldn't mind ripping with that.

LibbiesHome said...

That is such a nice thing for you guild to do! I'm sure they are missing you just as you are missing them. Thanks for sharing. :)

julieQ said...

I am so glad you are staying in touch with your old guild!! Very nice table runner, and wool too! You will find the perfect home for it!

Candace said...

Wonderful gifts, Kaaren! Don't you wish you could have moved all your guild friends with you?
Cheers!

Stina Blomgren said...

Ahhh... what a wonderful gift from your guild.. its wonderful... looks just right where it lies ..:o))
And the Seamripper.. thats the cutest ever!!

Carole said...

What wonderful goodies you received! Fun mail is always fun! Gosh that was deep! lol Isn't there a guild in your area? The Canadian Quilter's Assc may have a listing of NS guilds! I haven't gone to their site since I moved to the US. I use to be the Que rep for the magazine and would write about the guilds in Que. Memories! lol Thanks for sharing your goodies! Cheers!