Tuesday, June 29, 2010

We’re Half Way There!

Week 4 out of 8 of Kelly’s Charming Chatter Quilt Along is over today.  Our goal this past week was to assemble our quilt tops.

6a011168a24766970c013482c78103970c-320wi

No sooner did I finish sewing on the last border yesterday afternoon when we suddenly lost power.  The wind picked up something fierce and the sky was an ominous dark color.  The first thing that came to my mind was…tornado.   Thank goodness that didn’t happen and the power returned about 20 minutes later so I was able to complete the ironing.

curvem

Here is my completed flimsy of Darlene’s Between Friends pattern using Moda’s Dandelion Girl range of fabrics by Fig Tree Quilts.

SAM_0576

Tomorrow begins week 5 when we’ll receive information about what we are to do this week…quilting this little charmer.  I would think that hand quilting would be out of the question for me because of all the little joined pieces meaning too many layers to pierce.   So, before I get myself too worked up, I’ll wait to see what Kelly has to say.

curvem

And just a little reminder to come back on Friday…the First Friday of July for my newest FFF (First Friday Freebie) design.  Until then…

Happy stitching!

Kaaren ♥

25 comments:

Elyte said...

The quilt top has a soothing gentle look. I have seen it in brights but I do like your version very much.

Diane said...

love the soft colors you used.

Anita in Florida said...

Your quilt looks sooo sweet! Can't wait to see what Kelly has in store for us for quilting...

Marie said...

Just think what 'stitch in the ditch' would be like? So many tiny pieces.

Looking forward to FFF - I love the patterns.

Hugs - Marie

Lori said...

Wow! I really like that alot!! Quiltalongs are so much fun!!

Cindy said...

I really like this soft, subtle pallette you have chosen for Darlene's pattern.

Mrs. JP said...

It's always wonderful when the quilt top comes together. Yours is beautiful. I usually have to take a break to get geared up for the quilting.

Darlene said...

Oh my, Kaaren - it leaves me breathless. It's true beauty. I hope you've enjoyed it. :-)

Anxiously waiting for Friday. woohoo!

Shirley--Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

Well Done! You must feel good to get the top finished! I live the colours and fabric you choose!!!

paulette said...

I love the way yours turned out...the colours are wonderful!! I am behind!! Today I will get caught up...come hell or high waters!! It has been kind of rainy lately...ha ha
Paulette

CBB said...

Love the colors... So soothing. Thanks for sharing.

Ariane said...

I love your quilt top. It looks amazing!!!! The colors are so soft and soothing.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Soft and sweet.

JayTee said...

A beautiful job!!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

LOVE your quilt--beautiful job!!!
and Ouch--I think me is behind---was trying to get some projects made for the string challenge which ends tomorrow and forgot that I needed to get my top but together!!!!
Oh well--tomorrow is another day!!!
Hugs, Di
Ps am trying to be patient for Friday!!!!

Sharon said...

This turned out beautiful! I wish I could say mine is sewn together, but I have not been able to sit at the sewing machine long enough! Maybe next week!

Allie said...

Yikes - we had 3 tornadoes here the other day, glad you didn't have one, and that your power came back so quick! Your quilt is just lovely!

Elzaan said...

Fantastic job so far! It looks beautiful.

Rumi said...

Aww...precious!

Cathi said...

You have used my favourite type of fabrics in that quilt -- I love it!!

Kate said...

The quilt top looks wonderful- i love the soft colors!
Great job!

Sue-Anne said...

Your top looks wonderful Kaaren. Ilove the fabric range you have used, so soft.

julieQ said...

I just love the way yours turned out! Very pretty colors...are you going to hand quilt??

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Oh Kaaren - it is lovely, just lovely! I love that fabric - and you did a great job! Can't wait to see it quilted!

Siobhán said...

Kaaren, that is soooo sweet. What an adorable quilt top. I can't wait to see how you decide to quilt it!