Monday, March 23, 2009

Rainbow Swap Blocks Done!

Another project can be crossed off my "to do" list. Yippee!

My Rainbow Swap blocks are done...all 9 of them!

I started cutting the fabric yesterday morning and decided to start sewing a few pieces together just to see how it looked. The block I selected is called Antique Tile and to my delight, they all went together without major incident. Now I'm not saying that me and my best friend, Mistress Seam Ripper and I did not meet up a few times, but not often enough to end the relationship.

Now I just have to package them and get them in the mail to our famous...or is it infamous... swap leader Jane, from Janes Fabrics and Quilts .


I love when that happens because it encourages me to move on to the next project straight away. Now which one on the list will it be...eeny, meeny, miney, moe...hmmmmm.

Happy stitching!

11 comments:

Rumi said...

Wow! Looks great! My blocks are about halfway done :-).

Karen from Sew Many Ways... said...

Hi Kaaren,
These blocks look great. You've been so busy. I have the Antique Tile block on my little wall of patterns that I find here and there and would like to try. Glad they weren't too much trouble for you. Hey, I didn't know Mistress Seam Ripper was your best friend too!
~Karen~

Carrie P. said...

Your blocks are great. I wanted to participate in the swap but I got to get the donation quilt done. Maybe next time.

Annette said...

I think they turned out beautifully. Someone will be very happy to recieve them.

Darlene said...

Wow, you've been super productive!

Candace said...

Kaaren - I'm impressed! When you set your mind to something, you get it done! Great blocks!
Cheers!

Pat said...

A great job well done! Can't wait to see what is next.

Kimberly said...

...very nice...

Sara said...

Those blocks look great! I love the black and white. What is your next project?

Carrie P. said...

Hey Kaaren,
I just saw the pencil box you donated over at Mel's place. It is fabulous.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh My Gosh I love them!!!